Alyssa's Journey with Type 1 Diabetes





An outlet, a diary of sorts, a place for thoughts, a place to connect,
an expression of feelings about Juvenile Diabetes......



Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pump talk

As I've mentioned before, I've been hoping to talk Alyssa into getting the pump. I know it seems to be an easy decision because she would go from 4 injections of insulin a day to changing the pump site every couple of days. However, I also know the idea can be quite scary and she already has to deal with so much. That is why I've never really pushed it, I just hoped she would show me when she was ready. This morning we went out for breakfast and the topic of getting a pump came up again. She showed a little more interest in the pump this time and said she would try it :). Fortunately, tomorrow is our appointment with the endocrinologist; so, we'll see how it goes!! There are several steps before we can start using the pump, but I'm excited we are on the way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment