Alyssa's Journey with Type 1 Diabetes





An outlet, a diary of sorts, a place for thoughts, a place to connect,
an expression of feelings about Juvenile Diabetes......



Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dum Dum

On my last visit to the pharmacy to pick up Alyssa's diabetes supplies, I decided to go through the drive thru. I told the lady behind the glass that I need to pick up my daughters prescriptions, gave her date of birth and confirmed our address. Alyssa was in the seat next to me and the pharmacy tech waved at her. We chatted for a few minutes about the heat (over 100 degrees that day) while she rang everything up. It takes a few trips through the pass through because of the boxes of syringes. On the last pass, I opened the door to the pass through and beside Alyssa's bag of insulin was a Dum Dum lolly pop. I just smiled. And yes, Alyssa ate the sucker later!

1 comment: