Alyssa's Journey with Type 1 Diabetes





An outlet, a diary of sorts, a place for thoughts, a place to connect,
an expression of feelings about Juvenile Diabetes......



Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Great Weekend

Riding 4 wheelers through trails and mud and puddles was not something I thought I would ever do. I wouldn't say I'm a girly girl, but I never really saw the need to play in the mud. Alyssa on the other hand is very versatile. She likes being a girl, playing with makeup, painting her nails; but she also likes playing with toy cars and out in the dirt.

So, yesterday, I agreed Lu and I would go with the boys to Busco Beach, an ATV park a couple hours from home. Alyssa love it and I have to say I had a lot of fun too! She rode a lot on her own and has gotten really good. My sons Phil and J are fearless and they got a kick out of mom's screams as we went over ramps and through the mud.

For the most part diabetes behaved. We had one low towards the end of the day and honestly four wheeling is a lot of work, so we checked periodically and stopped for extra snacks.

All in all, it was a great day with the family filled with some great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment